Following a diagnosis of MND it can be hard to know where to turn to find help or information. We can offer help, advice and support to people with MND, their carers and families.
- We have a team of trained Association Visitors (AVs) who can stay in regular contact with people with MND, their carers and families, supporting, advising and signposting to other services.
- We organise regular Afternoon Tea Support Meetings for those with MND and carers.
- We may also be able to provide specialist equipment and services which are not available from statutory services or where there would be an unacceptable delay in their provision.
- The NI Branch works closely with the MNDA staff team Service Development Manager, Vincenta Leyden and Area Support Coordinator, Lousie Hughes, to support people with MND and their families (see Contact Us for contact details). They work with local health and social care staff to improve the services for people with MND and their families locally. They aim to educate and raise awareness about MND by organising training and study opportunities for health and social care staff, and working with managers to influence the way services are provided. They aim to ensure that people with MND and their families receive support and information they need through our Association Visitors (AVs).
- MND Connect Helpline available Monday – Friday 9am-5pm and 7pm-10:30pm (T: 0808 802 6262 and E:firstname.lastname@example.org)
To find out more about the help we can provide please get in touch with our Branch contact
Siobhan (T: 07434 839842 or E: email@example.com)